Ice Dam Steaming vs High Temp Pressure Washing for Ice Dam Removal
Ice Dam Steaming isn’t the only method for MN Ice Dam Removal, but it is the safest MN method. Please take a few moments to read this page and educate yourself on the differences between steam ice dam removal companies vs companies that perform high temp pressure washing for ice dam removal. Despite the large differences between 100% steam equipment and high temp pressure washing both of these companies more than likely advertise as using steam. Only one of them is telling the truth.
At Ice Dams Removed we only use Ice Dam Steam Machines for MN Ice Dam Removal. An Ice Dam Steam Machine is a machine built specifically for Ice Dam Removal. Ice Dam Steamers produce 100% high heat steam at a very low pressure. We do not use high temp pressure washers. A high temp pressure washer is built for cleaning surfaces at a moderate heat and a very high pressure. Only an ice dam steamer can remove Ice Dams effectively. A high temp pressure washer can and will damage your roof. For proper ice dam removal with ice dam steaming equipment contact the MN Ice Dam Removal experts at Ice Dams Removed.
Ice Dam Steamers (The Good) For Safe Ice Dam Removal
- Ice Dam Steamers operate at a very low pressure 180 psi. This is the optimum pressure for ice dam removal.
- Ice Dam Steamers produce high-temperature steam at 310 degrees. This is the optimum temperature for ice dam removal.
- Ice Dam Steamers have no operating trigger on the wand, This creates a constant steam.
- Ice Dam Steamers do not have enough pressure to damage shingles. This is good!
- Ice Dam Steamers have an open tip at the end of the gun wand for ice dam removal.
- Ice Dam Steamers use less water than a hot pressure washer.
- Ice Dam Steamers are safer to operate on any roof because of the difference in back pressure at the gun.
High Temp Pressure Washers (The Bad) Used By Deceitful Ice Dam Removal Companies
- High temp pressure washers operate at a very high pressure, between 2500-3500 psi. Easily damaging roofs.
- High temp pressure washers have a trigger allowing the operator to start and stop the flow of hot water.
- High temp pressure washers can cut a shingle in half in little time at all.
- High temp pressure washers have a quick couple colored tip at the end of the wand. This a good way for Ice Dam Removal Customers to discover if you are being scammed by an ice dam removal company.
- High temp pressure washers use more water at a cooler temperature, therefore, causing excessive water runoff.
- High temp pressure washers, when operated, can cause the technician to lose their balance on your roof because of the high back pressure. DANGEROUS!!