Get a roof heat cable installation estimate by filling out the form below or giving us a call. Our heat cables are expertly installed by our trained technicians. Winter, Summer, Spring, or Fall. Commercial, residential, townhomes, and multi-unit buildings.
Roof Heat Cable Cost
Roof heat cable, heat tape, and roof deicing cable are all commonly used to describe the same thing. They are the handy roof heat cable that we install to prevent ice dam damage. Unlike many companies, we have the ability to install your heat cables whether it be spring, summer, fall or winter. Regardless of what season it is you can count on us to help you stay ice dam damage free.
Fill Out The Form Below Or Call Us For Your Heat Cable Estimate Or Questions Answered About Steam Ice Dam Removal!
Heat cable installation, when performed correctly by us, is a roof ice leak stopper with a nearly 100% success rate. We offer our roof heat cable installation not only in Minneapolis, St. Paul. We service all of Minnesota, North Dakota, Iowa, Illinois & Wisconsin.
Roof ice dam heat cable pricing varies from home to home. This is due to the fact that nearly every home is built differently. We take into consideration the length of your roofline, your soffit depth, the pitch of your roof, and all gutters if you have them. Our pricing also varies by season. This is due to the fact that if your roof is cold it will oftentimes need to be heated up. This heating is done with the use of steam. Thus, safely providing us with the ability to install your roof’s ice dam heat cable clips.
- $6 per ft of residential-style heat cable installed. (150ft = $900).
- $12 per ft of leaf guard installed. (50 ft =$600)
- $2 per ft for existing leaf guard removal. (50ft = $100)
- $1 per ft gutter cleaning if needed. (50ft = $50)
- Late fall & winter steam thaw fee of the current rate per hour. (If needed to thaw debris in gutters, thaw shingles or melt ice dams to apply roof heat cables).
- Existing leaf guard retrofit (see the picture) is an additional cost.
- Prices may increase for above two stories in height or difficult to navigate roof lines.
All prices are subject to change and some are only available if combined together. Contact us or call with any questions. We would love to talk to you!
Types Of Heat Cable
Residential grade heat cable is the same heat tape that is readily available to us at our local stores. Most come with a two-year warranty on the cable. This being said, there are more expensive self-regulating heat cables available. These cables install on average for $14 to $16 per ft. They generally come with a 3 to 5 year warranty. The benefit to a residential grade system is that they can be replaced with a readily available cable by just about anyone once our clips are in place. Our previous shingle clip locations will provide you with the information you need for a successful roof heat cable install.
Tips For Roof Heat Cable Installation
MN Roof heat tape installation for deicing purposes is best done in the spring, summer or fall. However, we do offer installation in the winter months immediately following ice dam removal. While installing heat tape, your roof and gutters will need to be free of ice and snow. This will provide a clean area to work with. Allowing our heat cable installers to effectively install your system.
We have found that the trick to a successful ice dam heat cable project is in the installation. Residential grade heat cables, when installed correctly, will stop an ice dam from leaking. They fail most commonly when they are not maintained properly. Making sure to turn your ice dam cables on when needed and off when not needed is usually the key to success. They are not designed to last if they are plugged in during the warmer months. Furthermore, they will not keep you ice dam damage free if not plugged in during the winter when you need them.
Ice Dam Heat Cable Installation Process
Generally, we start out by cleaning your gutter (if you have them) and your roof of any debris. Then we can install our roofing cable clips on your shingles. After our clips are installed we can provide you with gutter and roof heat tape installation. Our deicing cable system can be plugged into an extension cord or operated in conjunction with a temperature/moisture sensor. With our sensors, you will have a duty free roof ice dam cable system. A system that will provide you with a leak-free roof for years to come.
Installing heat cable in gutters is one key to a successful deicing project. If you have gutters on your home it is imperative to have tape installed both on your roof and through your gutters. Meltwater will refreeze at your gutter if only installed on your roof. The water needs a constant open path to travel in order to eliminate ice build-up. Frozen gutters are a guaranteed ice dam problem. Let our team of ice dam experts show you how we can help you become roof leak-free in the winter months.
Inspecting A Roof Heat Cable System
All roof heat cable deicing systems need to be annually inspected prior to the winter season. We can provide heat cable inspection for you or you can do this yourself. These systems are usually not to complex and should only take a few minutes of your time. After your heat tape system is inspected you will know whether or not it is going to get you through another winter.
- Visually check that the heat tape is still fastened to its original clips on your roof.
- Look for loose heat wire and replace any shingle clips that are damaged.
- Power on your roofs heat wire and feel for heat (the wire should be warm to the touch).
- Clean your gutters and use a garden hose to flush out downspouts. (A good idea before any winter season).
- Check that the heat cable in your gutter is still placed in its original position. (Power on & check for warmth).
Call us if your system isn’t functioning properly or becomes loose from its original position. We can inspect, repair or replace any Minneapolis roof heat cable system.
- Saint Paul
- Brooklyn Park
- Maple Grove
- Eden Prairie
- Coon Rapids
- Apple Valley
- St. Louis Park
- Cottage Grove
- Inver Grove Heights
- Brooklyn Center
- Prior Lake
- White Bear Lake
- Elk River
- New Brighton
- Golden Valley
- Lino Lakes
- New Hope
- South St. Paul
- Columbia Heights
- West St. Paul
- Forest Lake
- St. Michael
- Ham Lake
- Hudson, Wisconsin
- Vadnais Heights
- Mounds View
- North St. Paul
- East Bethel
- Mendota Heights
- Little Canada
- North Branch
- Arden Hills
- St. Anthony
- Oak Grove
- Lake Elmo
- Belle Plaine
- Spring Lake Park
Benefits Of Cleaning Your Roof & Gutters
- Heat cables install and operate more effectively when installed on a clean surface.
- Soft washing is surprisingly affordable! Prices starting at $199!!
- Longer lasting, better-looking roof and siding.
- 75% of roofs are replaced too early. A wash may be all your home needs.
- Low pressure reduces chances for damage and water penetration into the structure.
- Unlike Soft Washing many shingle manufacturers void warranties if a damaging pressure washer is used on your roof. We are all about gentle.
- Our cleaning agents remove all lichen, moss, mold and black streaking from your roof.
- Cost efficiency- reduced labor and setup costs by often times eliminating the need for ladders or scaffolding.
- Paired discounts with heat cable installation.
- We also offer surface cleaning for dirty driveways, sidewalks, decks, fences, brick, front stoops, gutter cleaning and so much more.
- Deck, fence staining and water sealing.
- Driveway, patio and, sidewalk sealing.