Improper Ice Dam Removal Methods
Ice Dam Steaming is the absolute safest method of removing ice dams in MN and all across the nation. Ice Dams Removed company provides ice dam steaming services to both residential and commercial properties in MN, WNY, CNY, MT, MI, MA, WIS, and CO. Unfortunately there are many companies using improper and damaging ice dam removal methods nationwide. These improper ice dam removal methods have negative effects on rooftops in MN and across the nation. This damage usually goes unmentioned and unnoticed by the property owner until it is too late for the property owner to get compensated for the damages caused by improper ice dam removal methods.
Ice Dam Services 1-(833)-ROOF-ICE Rooftop Ice Dam Steaming
Some Improper Rooftop Ice Dam Removal Methods
- Hatchets, hammers, ice picks, chisels or any object swung or pounded against the ice on your roof. It is very easy to swing any of these tools creating holes in the roof that go unnoticed. In fact, we see so many roofs that are previously damaged from this improper ice dam removal method that we did a study you can read about below.
- Some companies use torches to remove ice dams. This method is dangerous, damaging and is a very slow process of ice dam removal.
- High temp pressure washers create to much water pressure to safely remove ice from your roof. Damages shingles and flat roofing equally. This method of removing ice dams removes granules from your shingles much like a hail storm would.
- Salt in nylon pantyhose are slow melting and take days to have the desired effect on an ice dam. Can do more harm than good if placed improperly.
- Ice Melt Pucks stop leaking about as well as the ice dam nylon sock trick. Can create pools of water on your roof that can lead to more roof leaks.
- Ice melt chemicals used on your roof to remove ice dams is damaging to the metal and aluminum components (gutters, roof flashing, window flashing, and siding) on your roof and siding.
Some Potential Damages from improper rooftop ice dam removal
- Improper Ice Dam Removal damaged shingles will cause premature shingle failure leading to more roof leaks. This can void the warranty from roofing manufacturers.
- Improper Ice Dam Removal damaged gutters can void the gutter warranty and will cause gutter malfunction if damaged badly enough.
- Improper Ice Dam Removal damaged roof flashing voids roof warranty in severe cases and will cause more roof leaks.
- Improper Safe Ice Dam Removal Damage (unguarded windows and doors can be damaged due to falling ice).
Removing an ice dam is no simple task and if you don’t hire the right low-pressure ice dam steaming company you are inviting an ice dam removal disaster onto your roof. It is very difficult to remove ice dams without the proper ice dam steaming equipment. We’ve removed ice dams on both residential and commercial properties to many times to count, only to find the damage from improper ice dam removal had been done- Ice Dam companies hired previously by property owners had caused damage to the roofing material and never told the property owner hoping the damage would go unnoticed.
How Often Do We Find Damage Caused by Improper Rooftop Ice Dam Removal?
In 2015 we Steamed Ice Dams on residential and commercial properties. While removing ice dams the number of previously damaged roofs was so alarming that we started to keep track of previous ice dam removal damage on the roofs we performed ice dam steaming services on. We found that previous rooftop ice dam removal damage had been caused on over 50% of the roofs we performed ice dam removal services on.
A shingled roofs warranty can be anywhere from 20yrs to life so we understand that asphalt shingles on a roof are designed to last a long time and because of this the average homeowner rarely inspects their roofs general condition. Asphalt shingles are not designed to be ice dam leak proof and no roof is designed to stand up to ice dam removal when the people removing the ice dams are using improper methods. Only hire a licensed and insured ice dam steaming company.
Steam Ice Dam Removal
Ice Dam Removal using 100% safe low-pressure steam is the safest most efficient method of removing ice dams for your home. Make sure the ice dam removal company you hire uses no other method than 100% safe steam on your home. Make sure they are a licensed and insured ice dam steaming company and check their testimonials or references for past rooftop ice dam removal projects.